I can’t believe I got my dude on the blog twice in one week. Truth be told, we took all the photos in one day and I split the post so I could get a little husband twofer. It’s a rare occasion that I get Heath in front of the camera. Despite his seemingly breezy vibes on film, he is not a fan. With wedding season coming up and Valentine’s Day around the corner, I thought I would give you gals a few tips on how to make your guy feel more comfortable on the other side of the lens. Whether you’re taking engagement photos or just snapchatting, follow these simple rules and you’re sure to get some framable photos!
- This is the most important. Make sure you have a photographer you’re both very familiar with. If your photographer is not already a friend, make them one. Before your photo session, take them out for coffee or lunch. Get to know them and let them get to know you. Tell them your story. You will get much better pictures once they know who you are.
- Let him dress to his liking. Don’t look at your session as an opportunity to turn him into the GQ model you’ve always wanted him to be. He will feel far more comfortable if he’s in one of his 4 “go-to” shirts.
- Have the photographer take a couple of photos on the DL. You will always get some great shots in the in between moments.
- Don’t immediately make him pose, start the session by doing some activity, maybe something he loves to do. Let the first several minutes be a warm up, he will definitely feel more at ease as he gets into it.
- If you guys drink, take a shot! Not more than one though, drunk is not cute.
- Make sure you have fun!!!!
Photos by Rebecca Pimm.
This post was written while listening to “Last Night” by Justin Timberlake.